I’ve been creating, redoing and refining some dress patterns for Integrity dolls, mainly Nu-face, Poppy and the FR2s. Come to think of it, those are the only 12 inch IT dolls I make patterns for. Rather than make it up entirely out of old sheeting or whatever, I make them up in cotton, or some other cheap fabric, because it isn’t as boring as sewing up sheeting (which I use to make the first pattern from by modelling it on a doll).
I’ll put them up for sale fairly soon I think. This one is based on a Prada dress, well the neckline is at least. I’ve made it up in new quilters cotton fabric, and it’s modelled by Poppy (my repaint). I can’ quite recall which Poppy, but she has the Hungarian skin tone. She’s now on a DG body. I like the DG bods with some Poppy’s because they are a little taller and pretty much the same size everywhere else.
The dress has a matching hat and clutch bag. I love hats, can’t resist making hats for frocks.
The cupboards is a 1/6 scale Chinese wedding cupboard with a little jug (I collect little ceramic things, like vases).
My repainted Vanessa (Metal Malven) on an FR2 body. Jewelry is gold plated findings and turquoise beads.
The matching hat is vintage handwoven Thai silk, and the dress fabric is vintage cotton. The trim came from Dona Dubbini in Italy. I love it, and have used it on a couple of dresses.
Last, but not least, is Poppy, Irresistable in India. Unfortunately for Dominique her Nu-face body matched this Poppy very well . I was also experimenting with Indian silk brocade. It’s not entirely successful and it was very difficult to handle (as in look at it and it frays/falls apart, and drops little gold threads all over my studio). Silk does fray at the drop of a hat, but it is usually easy to handle – this stuff was a bitch but I love the colour.
I don’t the white balance is quite right, it should have been on auto. Oh well…. next time.